Frank Brown Park is the place for all kinds of sports from basketball to shuffle-board. Of course, there's more than just sports happening at the park. Residents enjoy watching their kids play a number of sports, along with the many trails and the dog park and dog beach. There's always something going on at the park.
Frank Brown Park includes many facilities including:
- Under the Palms Playground
- 22-acre festival site
- Indoor gymnasium
- Fenced dog play area
- Aquatic Center
- Nine softball/baseball fields
- One T-ball field
- Miracle League Field
- Three soccer fields
- Four football fields
- Four tennis courts
- Large picnic pavilion
- Youth fishing pond
- Two outdoor basketball courts
- 1.5 miles of trails and greenways
- Saltwater fishing pier
With many events held here every year, residents and visitors can find exactly what their looking for at the park. Events throughout the year include:
- Summer Concert Series - Thursdays from 7pm to 9pm in June, July and August
- Ancos Away 6K - June 22nd
- Start Spangled Spectacular - July 4th
- 5K Run for Love, Peace & Joy - September 21st
- Gulf Coast Jam - September 26th to 28th
- Panama City Renascence School 5K/10K - September 28th
- Woodlawn Fall Festival - November 2nd
Many other sporting events are held throughout the year, such as the Grand Slam Battle at the Beach Baseball Bash, which attracts over 100 area teams. The Miracle League plays throughout the spring, as well and many swimming events are held in the Aquatic Center during the school year.
Aquatic Center and Tennis
The aquatic center is one of the most popular areas and is open every day of the week. Enjoy plenty of classes from water aerobics to CPR and first aid or just spend time with the family at the facility.
Tennis courts are open daily from 7am to 9pm and lessons are provided by USTA instructors. A summer tennis camp is offered along with many summer programs for both children and adults.