Living in Panama City Beach provides great weather all year long, but this area isn't immune to those hot summer days. During these hot days, it's nice to spend time cooling off at the only waterpark in the area. Shipwreck Island provides you with plenty of great rides and great ways to cool off as a family. The park covers 20 acres and provides beautiful landscaping, plenty of fun activities and more.
Rides at Shipwreck Island
The rides are the major attraction and for good reason. You can enjoy rides perfect for adults and older children or those designed specifically for the little ones. The rides at the park include:
- The Tipping Bucket - A 750-Gallon bucket tips over more than 100 times per day creating a big splash.
- Tadpole Hole - The perfect place for children to enjoy the purple frog slide, elephant slide, rope climb and so much more.
- Skull Island - Families love spending a little time at Skull Island, which is where The Tipping Bucket is found. You can also enjoy the Pirate's Race slides and so much more.
- The Great Shipwreck - A replica ship allowing you to swing from the ship and drop into a pool, this is a very popular ride.
- Ocean Motion Wave Pool - This 500,000-gallon wave pool provides fun for everybody.
- Lazy River - The perfect place to relax and soak up a little sun
- White Knuckle River - Enjoy riding over 600 feet in a large inner tube with the entire family.
- Pirates Plunge - The racing slides provide family members the opportunity to compete against each other.
- Raging Rapids - A white water experience for all to enjoy.
- Tree Top Drop - This is two slides with dark tubes that drop from a 65-foot platform.
- Zoom Flume - A slide perfect everybody, you can ride the mat down the slide and the little ones can double up with mom or dad.
Rates and Hours
The park is open from 10:30am to 5pm daily. Tickets for guests 50 inches tall and taller are $33, those between 35 and 50 inches are $28 and those under 35 inches get in free. Senior citizens also receive a discounted admission of $22. If you purchase your tickets online, you get $5 in Splash Cash to spend at the park. Find out more here, https://shipwreckisland.com/.