Enjoying the beautiful mild weather of fall in the Panhandle of Florida is something everybody should experience at some point in their lives. If you're one of the full time or part time residents of the South Walton area, you can enjoy every single day of the fall season.
One of the best ways to enjoy the beautiful weather is finding a way to get out on the water. The Autumn Harvest Wine & Dinner Cruise, which will be held Wednesday, November 6th from 7pm to 10pm, is the perfect way to take in the season.
SunQuest Cruises will provide this dinner cruise, which will feature Michael DeLoach of Hook & Ladder Winery out of Sonoma, California, along with a five-course gourmet meal. Fine wines and excellent food will be paired together to make this night unforgettable.
Start on the sky deck with hors d'oeurves, which include a variety of choices from bacon stuffed mushroom caps to Gulf shrimp and an excellent Cabernet blend to wash it down. After mingling with other guests and Michael, guests will move on to the next four courses, which will all be paired with another wine selection.
Wine and food choices for the night include:
- Reception on the Sky Deck - 2012 Cabernet Blend "The Tillerman", Bacon Stuffed Mushroom Caps, Barbeque Gulf Shrimp, Roast Fruit Tartlets and Chicken & Waffles
- Garden Gathering - 2012 Chardonnay, Autumn Harvest Salad and Roasted Butternut Squash Soup
- The Hunt and Terrier - 2012 Pinot Noir, Pan-seared Diver Scallops with Braised Pork Belly, Pickled Cabbage and a Port Reduction
- Air-Land-Sea Trio with a Duo - 2009 Cabernet Franc, 2008 "3rd Alarm" Reserve Cabernet, Breast of Duck, Rack of Venison and Local Redfish
- A Toast to Friends Finale - 2001 "Station Ten" Zinfandel Blend and Zinfandel-Poached Bosc Pear with Vanilla Bean and Gorgonzola
Tickets for this cruise are $95 per guest and the cruise is limited to the first 75.