The Outdoors Festival is coming to the South Walton area on Saturday, October 5th from 10am to 2pm. This celebration will allow you to explore the outdoors including the waterfront. The event will happen at Live Oak Landing Outdoor Destination, 229 Pitts Avenue.
This will be a day full of fun and will help to introduce children to the outdoors. Many nature-based activities will be provided with plenty of fun. The first 180 children with an interest in fishing will receive a free rod/reel combination from Fish Florida. This is the perfect way to get their first rod/reel and get them interested in the outdoors.
- Nature-based crafts
- Nonie’s Ark animal encounters
- Birding with Choctawhatchee Audubon Society
- And More!
- Fishing basics with Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission
- Emerald Coast Wildlife Refuge wildlife exhibit
- Astronomy with Northwest Florida Astronomy Club
- Florida State Park interactive exhibits
- Choctawhatchee Basin Alliance touch tank
- Smokey the Bear and his friends from Forestry
- Butterflies with naturalist Joe Wyatt
- Birds of prey exhibit
- Snakes from Falling Waters State Park
Along with the many outdoor activities and exhibits, plenty of great giveaways will be provided throughout the day. All of the activities are geared for children six years old and up. If you want to bring your children out for this event, the cost is $1 per child and this includes entry for the amazing giveaways.
A two-night stay in Northwest Florida will be raffled off from Wyndam Resorts Vacations, along with a Wonder Works Family Pass, fishing backpacks, tackle boxes and so much more. Food and soft drinks will be available throughout the event, as well.
Whether your children need to get outside more or they already love the outdoors, this is the perfect time to help them make that connection.