The 2013 Pirates of the High Seas Fest is just around the corner. This will be the third annual festival of this nature in Panama City Beach and will be held from October 11th to October 13th. The event will include many activities throughout the area. Residents and visitors are invited to take part in the event, which will include:
- Fireworks Show
- 5k Run
- 10K Run
- Fun Run
- And More!
This event will finish with the dropping of over 8,000 inflatable beach balls onto Pier Park Drive. The invasion will happen at the Aaron Bessant Park Amphitheater, the City Pier and Pier Park. All events are free and open to the public, except the 5K, 10K, Half-marathon and fun run, which all come with a price. Schedule includes:
- Run for the Treasure Packet Pick up between 10am and 7pm at Aaron Bessant Park
- Opening Ceremonies from 6pm to 6:15pm at Pier Park
- Entertainment and Second Line Parade at Pier Park from 6:15pm to 8:15pm
- Live Music on the Pier Park Stage throughout the night including Heat & Zydeco Gents Band
- Fire Work show from 8:15pm to 8:25pm at City Pier
- Run for the Treasure from 7am to 11am at Aaron Bessant Park
- Pirate Village Opens at 11am at Pier Park
- Fireworks Show from 8:15pm to 8:25pm at City Pier
- Block Party at Pier Park from 1:30pm to 4:30pm
- Beach Ball Drop from 4:30pm to 4:45pm at Pier Park
The Pirate Village will feature live entertainment on the Pier Park Stage all day on Saturday, along with costume contests and parades. The Block Party, on Sunday will feature DJ Alex Angelo, Emblem3 and Timeflies.
For more information on all the festivities, you can visit the website at, www.visitpanamacitybeach.com.